Friday, March 16, 2012

Dirty Diamond Dreaming (Part 4- The End)

4. There are only two seasons--winter and baseball. --Bill Veeck

Last January, I was seriously wondering why winter spanned a full six months.  As snow fell outside my window, I stared dumbly at my fingers, counting and attempting to figure out how such weather was  possible.

My thought process went something like this:

How come it's still winter? I swear no other season is this long... Didn't winter begin sometime in October?  And it ends in March... so that's six months.  Huh. (I prepared my fingers for a recount) October, November, December, January, February, March. Wow, none of the other seasons are that  long! (Pause)  Hold up, winter began December 21 baseball ended in early October. Or, at least, the Cardinals' season did. Huh. That one quote was right. There realy are only two seasons.

And then I laughed maniacally, because baseball makes a person crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment