Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Move over Spider Man, I'm in love with Captain America!

05/22/2012
Padres 3 Cardinals 4

Dear Cards,

 Steve Rogers/ Captain America: Doc... I think now is the perfect time for you to get angry.
Dr. Bruce Banner/ Hulk: That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry.
I saw the 6:45 showing of The Avengers last night.  It was amazing! Well- written and funny.  I love Captain America.  Steve Rogers, the Avengers' great leader.  I adore his assertiveness, his confidence, his courage, his selflessness.  And his very nice physique.

Honestly, I love all the Avengers. But I would marry Captain America in a heartbeat.

I missed the game because it started at 7:15 PM.  The plan was for me to watch the replay at 12 AM when I came back from my night out.  However, Fox Sports had serious issues last night and did not show the game replay. :(

This is the first game of the season where I had to make due with post game comments and Internet video.

I was able to rewind the DVR back to the eighth inning to watch the Padres take a 3-2 lead over the Cardinals and the Cardinals reclaim that lead in the bottom of the eighth with a 2-run bomb by Tyler Greene (of all the guys to save us from another defeat).

Great job, Tyler!   And Jaime, way to go deep into the game! Too bad you didn't record an out in the 8th inning, but maybe next time, right?  Also, I think it's sick that you struck out 7 over 7 innings using only 92 pitches.  Efficiency for the win!

Now, we just need the other starters to step up and go deeper into games.  Our next off day is a long ways away-- June 11th (the last one was May 10th)-- and the bullpen is going to fall apart even more if you starters don't get you stuff together.*

Jaime seems to have his stuff together, now.  Our last win before last night's was his last start (May 16 vs. San Francisco).

No, don't apologize! It was pleasurable!
Last night, Fox Sports Midwest was one of the Fox Sports outlets that experienced technical difficulties.  Fortunately for Cardinals fans, this resulted in viewing the (less painful, due to legendary broadcaster Dick Enberg) Padres broadcast with NO COMMERCIALS!!

I pretty much missed the best night of Cardinals baseball ever (ha ha, hyperbole, much?), considering that I wouldn't have had to suffer through Dan, Al, and Rick (although he later joined the telecast and the Padres post game show).

FSM apologized to Cardinals fans today.  But in all honesty, the technical mess Fox Sports dealt with last night probably prevented some fans from succumbing to the strong urge one feels when watching the Cardinals broadcast at times-- the overwhelming desire to get rid of your hearing organs any way, any how. 

Til Later!

*Edited on May 30th to add: I can't count or read a calendar correctly, the next off day is  tomorrow, May 31st. (I want the team to have a break, but WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH MYSELF TOMORROW?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment