Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

08/05/2012
Brewers 0 Cardinals 3

Dear Redbirds,

I'm back from my week-long excursion! Arrived in Cardinal country late, early Sunday morning (read: 6 AM) and caught my first Cardinals game in seven days that night!

Whoo!  It was great seeing you all take the field in those powder blues!  I followed the games as best I could through mlb mobile app, but there's nothing like seeing the actually pitches hit the strike zone versus seeing the pixel approximation on screen.

Good things about this weekend: A sweep of our 1982 World Series opponent during the 30 year celebration of the 1982 World Series victory and 1982 World Series team. And... this is the first time all season that we've hit 10 games over .500. (Yes, it has been that  much of a struggle.)

Hopefully, there is nowhere to go but up.  Here's to a fight to a finish, a fierce drive to the playoffs.

Til Later


No comments:

Post a Comment