Monday, August 27, 2012

Waino Dominates, The Road Trip, #HighSockSunday

08/21/2012
Astros 0 Cardinals 7

Dear 'birds,

I had meant to post this days ago.  But, things go in the way.
Basically, I got lazy.

But Waino, this was a very impressive start for you.  I know
it was against the lastros and all, but throwing a complete game shutout with twelve strikeouts
is nothing to sniff at, right? (Even if your opponent looks like they'll
struggle against college teams).

Last night was another great start by Waino.  He only allowed 2 runs and the Cardinals
beat the Reds 8-2.

I have to say 'birds, I'm impressed.  I hope
that you continue to win series from here on out, especially
on this road trip because it is a really important one against post season contenders.

Til Later

Recap of  Astros series:
7-0 W, 4-2 W, 13-5 W

Recap of Reds series:
8-5 W*, 2-8 L, 8-2 W

* Lance Lynn went 2 innings, Joe Kelly pitched 3 innings in relief and got the win. This outing came five days after Joe's five and two-thirds (I think, I'm too lazy to check if its true or not) relief outing in that 19 inning game versus the Pirates.  The Cardinals made the decision this weekend to put Lynn in the bullpen and Kelly as a starter, the way my gut felt it should be all long.  (But, of course, after this was made official, for a second I felt sick and thought Lynn should still be the starter because it will possibly be more annoying to watch a reliever come in and not shut down the opposition than to have a starter who struggles through five innings.  However, I believe that Lynn will excel in this role and that Joe will be able to keep the Cardinals in games while pitching deeper into games because he gets outs in far fewer pitches than Lance (thank God).  I hope Lance goes into that bulldog bullpen mode he had last year-- he told the media that he still considers himself a starter. Lance-- please bring the heat and attack hitters out of the pen, don't try to be cute!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment