Sunday, June 3, 2012

It is obvious

06/02/2012
Cardinals 0 Mets 5

It is obvious that the birds are never going to score again.  Well, they might.  Perhaps five games from now.  Perhaps.  I'm sure they're out to set some type of record-- most consecutive games without scoring.

Okay, I guess I'll stop treating the team like my black sheep uncle and address the boys directly...

Dear Memphis Redbirds edition of the St Louis Cardinals,

Um. Yeah. I love ya'll. We'll go get 'em tomorrow!

And this has been a spectacular road trip!  You've really improved your record against Eastern division teams. (There's that darn sarcasm. Sorry.)

Guess what? You can still finish this trip at .500 if you win the rest of the games-- take them one day at the time. ( I can be sincere.)

A short aside: my dad thinks Jon Jay is "factor x." "When he's in the line up, we win," he says.  I just hope that Jon is fully healthy when he comes back.

'Til Later

P.S. The knuckleball is a mean and unusual trick, R. A. Dickey.

No comments:

Post a Comment