Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Longest Day of the Year!

06/19/2012
Cardinals 3 Tigers 6

Dear Cardinals,

Back to .500. Yea!  Not really, considering we were a game over .500.

I guess I should be impressed this team managed to score against Verlander. It's almost like a victory.

I wonder if this season will EVER turn around and if it does, when will it?


Meanwhile, lets not talk about Baseball:

Today is the first day of summer! That means that this is longest day of sunlight we will have all year! I love sunlight and I love summer.

One of the first things I do when I wake up in the morning these days is open my curtains.  When I do, I am greeted by a line from Shakespeare's Sonnet 18:  Summer's lease hath all too short a date.

I taped it to my window to remind myself to squeeze the most living I can out of my favorite season, and to remind myself to observe the beauty of God's creation in all its summer splendor.

Til Later


No comments:

Post a Comment