Friday, April 13, 2012

The Boys are Back in Town!

I'm playing Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" on repeat because THE CARDINALS ARE PLAYING AT BUSCH FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE GAME 7 THE VERY LAST BASEBALL GAME THAT TOOK PLACE IN 2011!  (Sorry for yelling. I'm stoked.)  I always relate this song to the return of baseball.  My favorite lines:

The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long
Won't be long til summer comes
Now that the boys are here again


But, of course, the best song I'll hear today plays when the Cardinals parade around Busch Stadium--Budweiser's "Here Comes the King."  My favorite ballpark song.  Ernie Hays, former Cardinals' organist, plays it in the following video.  Mr. Hays retired after 2010, his 40th season playing the ballpark organ.

Okay, birds! Git 'er done!  Please win your first game at home this year, especially since it's against those lousy north siders.

'Til Later

No comments:

Post a Comment