Saturday, April 28, 2012

Elixir for Offensive Woes

04/27/2012
Brewers 1 Cardinals 13

Dear Redbirds,

Nothing like Yovani Gallardo for those offensive woes, huh?  He is now 1-9 with a 7.05 ERA against the Cardinals.  He is like the exact opposite of Bud Norris.  Cy Norris-- I mean, Bud Norris-- is 6-2 lifetime against the Cards.  We were probably lucky to get those two wins, because Bud Norris always seems to give up only a hit or two over eight or nine innings whenever he faces the Cardinals.  I'm serious. He's our kryptonite. It's funny because against the rest the league he is quite average, while Gallardo is ace-material against any team not name the Cardinals. Yesterday, Gallardo couldn't get an out in the third inning (and he pitched to six batters).

By the way, boys, thanks for that.  I was on the treadmill at the time you all decided to bat around (which was fun, so no real complaints).  I do little mind tricks when I'm running and start getting tired-- like, okay, just keep running until the end of this inning.

Except last night the inning lasted forever because everyone and they momma got a hit. You boys ought to be ashamed of the way you had poor me suffering on the treadmill.  I mean... really.

I started to worry what will happen to the poor stadium scoreboard if you all had reached double digits in that inning-- can it go higher than single digits for an inning?  This needs to be tested pronto. Preferably against the Reds' Johnny Cueto. Heh Heh.

Anyway, great start to the home stand!

'Til Later

No comments:

Post a Comment