Sunday, April 15, 2012

Now, that was better...

04/12/2012
Cubs 1 Cardinals 5

Well, Matt Holliday--

Matty, if you hit one more flyout to the warning track, I am tossing you into the 'ssippi river.  (Metaphorically, of course, because you have nearly a foot and a good 120 pounds or so on me.  Also, we need you.)  Usually, I am good judge of whether a ball is staying in the park or not, but in Saturday's game you hit three balls (I think) that had me prepping for my "kiss it goodbye" and "go crazy, folks" routine.  Do you know what it does to one's heart to watch a ball fly 370-ish feet only to die in a fielder's glove?  My heart stops, Matty, and the adrenaline and dopamine and whatever else chemicals that were released for my heart to pump overtime through my body are confused and disappointed.  My entire body is gearing up for a huge, juvenile celebration that my brain shuts down because it's not a home run.  My heart is left in a perilous position-- free falling from the edge of ecstasy.  Basically, your warning track power flyouts could inadvertently kill me one day, Matty. 

Hey 'birdos, we avoided a three game losing streak!

'Til Later


No comments:

Post a Comment