Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh Look! One of the Ol' Birds is limping...

04/10/2012
Cardinals 3 Reds 1

Dear Berkman,

When you legged out that triple Tuesday night, I pressed my hands to my cheeks and made a face like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone--mostly because I didn't think you'll make third, and also-- let's face it, Puma--you're kind of old. 

I liked the aggressiveness, though, because it was the sixth inning and we were only winning by one.  I figured the only way to ensure that a run would score would be that triple, and then a sac fly.  Freese overachieved and  sent the  ball out the park.  

Hindsight is perfect vision.  In hindsight, you should have just stayed on second.  The season is a marathon, not a sprint.  And now you've been slowed due to a torn muscle in your calf.  Apparently, you are aiming to return to the lineup Tuesday.

I hope you recover well and feel all the way healthy when you return.


04/11/2012
Cardinals 3 Reds 4

Dear Birds,

You guys had a hard time finishing series off last year-- you'll win the first two games and then on "get away day" you let the game... get away.  (I know it wasn't the "A" lineup, but no excuses, boys, no excuses!)  At least we won the series but it sucks to lose the last game on a walk off.  

I hope this was just an aberration and the next time you win the first two games of a series you win the third game. 

Also, Jaime, I know you are a person of habit and hate when things throw you off your schedule-- Al Hrabosky says that if you order food that's supposed to arrive in 30 minutes, you start freaking out if it doesn't arrive by that time-- but pitching on the road should really be no different than pitching at home.  Please start pitching better on the road.  Last year, you had a 2.55 ERA at home and a 4.61 ERA on the road-- a huge difference.

I want to break out the broom this weekend against the Cubs.  They used up their run quota for the week in a 8-1 win against the Brewers, so go out and win. Can't wait! I hope I'm not disappointed and I'll be disappointed if we were to lose any of these games.

'Til Later
"HAPPY FLIGHT!" METER:  2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment