Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Walk-Off Victory Face

04/17/2012
Reds 1 Cardinals 2
Final/10
Dear birdies,
I was at the game last night and had an awesome time.  But looking back, the team was awful.  Except for Kyle Lohse.

Lohse pitched beautifully. (The bullpen did well, too, if you put aside the blown save that occurred due to the errors).  But the rest of you guys... 2 errors and 14 men left on base!  It seems as if the only the only way any Cardinal touches home plate is through the home run-- can we please start hitting with men on base.

 I thought this team could be one of--if not the top-- best offenses in the NL again.  Prove me right and start being more clutch or whatever.  You all do a great job of getting on base, now get home!

Last night in the 10th inning, I pleaded with the gods of baseball to let a Cardinal victory happen that inning. The bases were juiced with baby birds: Tyler Greene (pinch running for "@dfreese23", i.e. David Freese), Jon Jay ("@jonjayU"), and Daniel Descalso ("@DanielDescalso").  I worried that the ineptitude shown with the bases loaded in the ninth will be displayed once again, but Matt Carpenter ("@MattCarp13"), the current darling of St. Louis, came through leading to my "crazed fan walk-off victory face."  My sister captured it perfectly in the picture after the jump.






I am in the red.  I am not trying to make that face-- I make naturally crazy faces.  My lovely sister is wearing the navy jacket and carrying Fredbird. That is not an organic crazy face-- she was trying to look like a crazed fan.  (Or so she says.)

'Til Later!




Tossed into the 'ssippi:
The Offense

No comments:

Post a Comment