Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pssh. This will never get old. Never.

04/28/2012
Brewers 3 Cardinals 7

Dear 'birds,

You've won the series!  Yeah!

After the game, some fool poster on Cards Talk started the following topic "So do you still hate the Reds and Brewers as much?"

Uh. Yes. 

The poster explains his case by saying that the games no longer have that  "I just can't stand these guys feeling."  Well, I can't stand them and whipping these teams will never get old.  I can't stand them because those teams are our biggest competition for the division title.  I want to demolish them.  If it were possible, I would like them mathematically eliminated by mid-summer. Completely out of it.

As it is, once the Brewers and Reds get their stuff together (if they do get it together), I want it extremely obvious that the Cardinals are the team to beat in the Central.  Like, I want the Cardinals to finish at least 10 games ahead of everyone else.

Coming into the season, it looked as though the division would be a three team race.  Right now the Cardinals are the team to beat in the division.  But the division isn't won in April, there is plenty of time and chances are the race will get interesting.  I just hope it doesn't. At the end of the season, I want people to look back and laugh at the fact that those teams were ever consider on par with my Cardinals. 

We just have to stay healthy and focused.
***

Yadier, I believe you are slowly buying every piece of my heart.  You are amazing.  Four for four with 2 runs scored and 2 RBIs.  People are starting to realize that your bat is pretty legit.  You're so dependable at the plate and behind it. 

Matty, it sucks that you go hitless the day after you went 3 for 3.  Really, I think you're hitting into some tough luck.  

David, happy birthday!   One more year to the big 3-0. 

Meanwhile, my birthday was Sunday, Carlos Beltran's was Tuesday, Chris Carpenter's was Friday, and David Freese's was Saturday.  A few words: Tauruses are the bestest!

Oh yeah, about the game--Kyle Lohse, what were you doing walking in the tying run!?  The inning could have morphed into one of  your (frustrating) "big blow up" innings, but we avoided that when the Brewer's manager screwed up and let his pitcher bat with two outs and the bases loaded.  Although, the man really didn't have much of a choice-- his bullpen was shot from the seven innings of work it had Friday.

We have possibly screwed up Milwaukee's bullpen for an entire week. HAHAHA.  Whew.  Man, I hope we knock around Greinke tomorrow and increase the damage. (Evil cackle.)

'Til Later


No comments:

Post a Comment